Dr. Akram Chandrajit Singha
MSc, PGDCA, PhD, NET
Dept. of Physics
Area of specialization: High Energy Astrophysics,
Extragalactic X-ray Point Sources, Black Hole Systems, Neutron Stars.
|10th||Holy Cross School, Silchar||--||2006||First Division (Star)|
|12th (Science)||Ramanuj Gupta Jr College||--||2008||First Division|
|B.Sc||Cachar College, Silchar||Physics||2011||I (Second Rank)|
|M.Sc||Assam University, Silchar||Physics||2013||I (Fourth Rank)|
- CSIR-UGC NET Qualified (AIR 134)
- Member, Korean Astronomical Society
- Participant, First Data Analysis Program of ASTROSAT, (India’s First Multiwavelength Satellite).
- Rank Holder (II) in Graduation (Physics), 2011, Assam University
- Best Graduate of Cachar College, Science Stream, 2011.
Participation in Conferences and Workshops
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S. (2018) “Study of X-ray Point Sources with Chandra X-ray Observatory”, International Conference on Exploring the Universe- Near Earth Space Science to Extra-Galactic Astronomy (2018) held at S N Bose National Centre For Basic Science, Kolkata.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S. (2018) “A Comparative Study of the X-ray Spectra of Some Active and Normal Galaxies”, International Conference on Systems and Processes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (2018) held at Assam University, Silchar.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S. (2019) “Spectral Analysis of X-Ray Point Sources and Black Hole Mass Estimation”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Modern Physics (2019) held at Assam Don Bosco University, Sonapur.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S. (2018) “A Comparative Study of the X-ray Spectra of Some Active and Normal Galaxies”. North-East Meet of Astronomers IV (2018), held at Assam University, Silchar.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S. (2018) “Black Hole Mass Estimation of ULXs And Its Dependence On Model Parameters”, XI Biennial National Conference of Physics Academy of North East (2018), held at Assam University, Diphu
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S. (2017) “Discovery of an Ultraluminous X-ray source (X-1) in NGC 4339”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Basic Science Research (2017) held at S.S. College, Hailakandi.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S. (2017) “Emission Lines Of Some Elements In the X-Ray Spectra Of The Active Galactic Nuclei of NGC 4388, NGC 5643 and NGC 7582”, National Conference on Chemical Physics (2017) held at Assam University, Silchar
Workshops and Symposiums
- Participated in the workshop on “ASTROSAT Data Analysis Workshop” held at IUCAA, Pune from 13-26 Nov, 2017.
- Participated in the workshop on “Gravitation and Gravitational Waves” held at Assam University, Silchar from 7-13 Oct, 2018.
- Participated in the One day symposium on “Recent Trends in Physical Sciences” held at Assam University, Silchar on 19th March, 2018.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S., Spectral and Temporal Analysis of Ultraluminous X-ray Sources in NGC 2276, Acta Astronomica, 2021, 71(4), 261.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S., Bimodal Distribution of the Hyperluminous X-ray Sources, Acta Astronomica, 2019, 69(4), 339.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S., Black hole Mass Estimation of ULXs and its Dependence on Model Parameters, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2019, 1330, 012003.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S., Study of Ultraluminous X-ray Sources in Some Nearby Galaxies, Journal of Korean Astronomical Society, 2019, 52(1), 1.
- Singha A. C. & Devi A. S. Study of X-ray point sources in NGC 5643 and NGC 7457 with Chandra, Astrophysics and Space Science, 2017, 362, 223.
- “Spectral Analysis of Ultraluminous X-ray sources using the Chandra X-ray Observatory” by Akram Chandrajit Singha and A Senorita Devi, 2022,ISBN: 9789390719808
- “Spectral Analysis of Ultraluminous X-ray sources using the Chandra X-ray Observatory” by Akram Chandrajit Singha and A Senorita Devi, 2017 (Chapter No: 5) ISBN: 9788913369005
- Physics Faculty, Super 30 Batch, Paragon Junior College, 2020-21
- Physics Faculty, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam H.S. School, 2021-22.
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physics, PDUAM Behali, 2022-till date.
- Elected Magazine Secretary of Assam University Students’ Union 2012-13.
- Runners up, Intercollege Cricket Tournament organised by Assam University Silchar, 2011-12.
- Winner, Arm Wrestling, Assam University Annual Sports, 2011-12, 2012-13.
- Former Member of Rotaract Club, Silchar.
- Played First Division Cricket for Lakhipur District Sports Association (Assam Cricket Association)