M.Sc, (Pursuing Ph.D)
Assistant Professor & H.o.D
Dept. of Physics
|Name of Degree||Specialization||Name of Institution||Year of completion|
|PhD (Pursuing)||Flexible and wearable planar antennas||Microwave |
|2015 – till now (in part time mode)|
|MSc (Physics)||Electronics & |
|Tezpur University||2013 (1st Class 2nd
|BSc (Physics)||Cotton College |
|2011 (1st Class 3rd
- Cleared State Level Eligibility Test (UGC-SET) of NE region 2016 organized by SLET Commission, NE Region, India.
- MSc Project – I : Modification of substrate geometry in microstrip patch antennas to enhance its performance (fabrication of the antenna and its characterization using vector network analyser and radation pattern measurement set up).
- MSc Project II – Modification in the patch geometry and incorporation of the modified substrate geometry onto the modified patch design to enhance performance (fabrication of the antenna and its characterization using vector network analyser and radation pattern measurement set up).
Junior Research Fellow, Department of Phyiscs, Tezpur Univesity; Project name: Microwave Technology based Tea Processing system for NE states; Sponsoring Agency: Society for Applied Microwave Electronics and Engineering Research, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, Govt. Of India (September 18, 2013- August 18,2014/ January, 2015-
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Phyiscs, Kaziranga Univesity, Jorhat, Assam. (18th October, 2014- 15th January, 2015).
- Teaching Assistant at the Department of Physics, Tezpur University from July, 2016 for a period of one year.
Research Paper & Book Chapters
- K Borah, A Phukan & N.S Bhattacharyya “Influence of external magnetic biasing on rectangular patch antenna designed on nano-Co/Ni Fe2O4 magnetodielectric substrates”, Proc. SPIE 8760,876018 (January 28, 2013)
- K. Borah, A. Phukan, S. Bhattacharyya, and N. S. Bhattacharyya, “Design of light weight microstrip patch antenna on dielectric and magnetodielectric substrate for broadband applications in x-band,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 60, 157-168, 2014.
- Arunav Phukan, Kunal Borah, and Nidhi S. Bhattacharyya, “Compact patch antenna on structurally modified magnetodielectric substrate”, Progress in Electromagnetic Research C (PIER C), vol. 64, pp. 11-20, 2016.
- Phukan, A., & Bhattacharyya, N. S. (2020). Low-density foam as an adhesion facilitator between silicone rubber and copper sheet for use in flexible microwave antennas. Materials Research Express, 6(12), 126331.
- Arunav Phukan, “Reconfigurable Antennas – A Review”, A Textbook on the Recent Development in Physical Science (ISBN: 978-93-85822-38-4), Krishi Sanskriti Publications.
Presentations in National/International Seminars/Conference
- Presented a poster at the Research in Physics 2012 & Role of IPR (1st In-house symposium) organized by Department of Physics, Tezpur University on December 21,2012 at Tezpur University.
- Presented poster titled “Symmetric T slotted miniaturized microstrip antenna for dual band applications” at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Current Trends in Physics Research (NSCTPR-2014, 30th January-2nd February, 2014) organized by Department of Physics, Darrang College, Tezpur, Assam in collaboration with Assam Science Society at Darrang College, Tezpur, Assam.
- Presented poster titled “An analysis of a slotted patch antenna performance on stucturally modified dielectric and nano ferrite based magnetodielectric substrate” at the National Thematic Workshop on Advances in Nanostructured Materials: Application and Perspectives (ANMAP-2016, June 1-2, 2016), organized by Assam Kaziranga University, Jorhat, Assam & UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Kolkata Centre at Assam Kaziranga University, Jorhat, Assam.
- Delivered oral presentation titled titled “Single T-slotted patch antenna performance on stucturally modified dielectric and nano ferrite based magnetodielectric substrate” at the International Conference Technova-2016 (22-23 December, 2016) organized by Department of Electronics & Communication Technology, Computer Science, IT, and Instrumentation, USIC Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam, India and Krishi Sanskriti, New Delhi, India held at Gauhati University.
- Presented poster titled “Nano-magnetodielectric composite based substrate for use in microwave planar devices in X-band” at the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Nanomaterials Science and Technology (ICETNMST-2017, January-4-6, 2017), organized by Department of Science and Humanities, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Nagaland at NIT, Nagaland.
- Presented a poster titled “Dual T-slotted patch antenna performance on stucturally modified dielectric and nano ferrite based magnetodielectric substrate” at the UGC-SAP Presented a poster titled “Dual T-slotted patch antenna performance on stucturally modified dielectric and nano ferrite based magnetodielectric substrate” at the UGC-SAP
- Participated in the training programme on e-procurement sponsored by DoPT, Govt. Of India and held at Assam Administrative Staff College, Guwahati, from 28th to 30th November, 2018.
- Attended a one day workshop on Accesibility of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) thrrough SWAYAM: Issues and Relevance, organized by the IQAC cell of Behali Degree College, Biswanath, Assam on 29th April, 2019.
- Participated in the North-East Atmospheric Radar Workshop organized by SAMEER, MeitY, Govt. Of India and held at IIT, Guwahati from 8th to 9th August, 2019
- Attended SERC school on Modern Optics held at Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India in November 2010.
- Volunteered for two days training programme on Role of PRI/ULBs in Disaster Management conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Guwahati Centre in collaboration with Assam State Disaster Management Authority held on 16th and 17th of July, 2012 at the NRHM Hall, Dibrugarh, Assam.
- Member of the organizing committee of DeitY, SAMEER, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Govt. of India sponsored Workshop on RF and Microwave Technology (WRFMT-2014) held at Tezpur University, from 24-26 March, 2014.