Dr. Jitu Saikia
M.Sc, Ph.D , SLET
Dept. of Chemistry
|1||B.Sc. (Chemistry)||2012||Darrang College, Gauhati University|
|2||M.Sc. (Inorganic Chemistry)||2014||Gauhati University|
|3||Ph.D. (Chemistry)||2019||Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi (CSIR-NEIST Campus)|
|1||Technical Assistant at ONGC limited, Assam asset, Nazira|
|2||Assistant professor at Department of Chemistry, Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology (JIST), Jorhat, Assam (Contractual).|
|3||Project Fellow in Materials Science and Technology division, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, Assam.|
Nanochemistry, Cementitious materials, Green Chemistry Technology, Porous materials, Surface Adsorption, Membrane Science, Waste Management
List of research papers
- Saikia, S. Sarmah, P. Saikia, R. L. Goswamee, Harmful weed to prospective adsorbent: low–temperature–carbonized Ipomoea carnea stem carbon coated with aluminum oxyhydroxide nanoparticles for defluoridation, Environ Sci Pollut Res (2018) 1–17.
- Saikia, S. Sarmah, J. J. Bora, B. Das, R. L. Goswamee, Preparation and characterization of low cost flat ceramic membrane from easily available potters’ clay for dye separation, Bull mater Sci. (2018).
- J. Saikia, N. B. Allou, S. Sarmah,P. Bordoloi, C. Gogoi and R. L. Goswamee, Reductant free synthesis of silver–carbon nanocomposite using low temperature carbonized Ipomoea carnea stem carbon and study of its antibacterial property, Environ. Chem. Eng., 6 (2018) 4226–4235.
- Saikia, S. Sarmah, T. H. Ahmed, P. J. Kalita and R. L. Goswamee, Removal of toxic fluoride ion from water using low cost ceramic nodules prepared from some locally available raw materials of Assam, India, J. Environ.Chem. Eng., 5 (2017), 2488–2497.
- Saikia and R. L. Goswamee, Use of carbon coated ceramic barriers for adsorptive removal of fluoride and permanent immobilization of the spent adsorbent barriers, SN Applied Sciences, 1 (2019), 634
- Sarmah, J. Saikia, D. Bordoloi and R. L Goswamee, Surface Modification of Paddy Husk Ash by Hydroxyl– Alumina Coating to Develop an Efficient Water Defluoridation Media and the Immobilization of the Sludge by Lime–Silica Reaction, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 5 (2017) 4483–4493.
- Saikia, J. Saikia, S. Sarmah, N. B. Allou and R. L. Goswamee, Mesoporous Oxidic Holey Nanosheets from Zn–Cr LDH Synthesized by Soft Chemical Etching of Cr3+ and its Application as CO2 Hydrogenation Catalyst, Journal of CO2 Utilization 21 (2017) 40–51.
- Sarmah, J. Saikia, D. K. Bordoloi, P. J. Kalita, J. J. Bora and R. L. Goswamee, Immobilization of Fluoride in Cement Clinkers using Hydroxyl–Alumina Modified Paddy Husk Ash based Adsorbent, J. Chem. Technol. Biotechnol., 93 (2018) 533–540
- B. Allou, J. Saikia, R. L. Goswamee, Use of calcined Mg–Al layered double hydroxides to regulate endocrine disruptor methylparaben in excess as adsorbent and as control releasing agent in normal situations, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 6 (2018) 1189–1200.
- Gogoi, J. Saikia, S. Sarmah,D. Sinha, R. L. Goswamee, Removal of Fluoride from Water by Locally Available Sand Modified with a Coating of Iron Oxides, Water Air Soil Pollut, 229 (2018) 118.
- B. Allou, J. Saikia, P. Bordoloi, A. Yadav, M. Pal, R. L. Goswamee, Layered double hydroxide and microwave assisted functionalized carbon based nanocomposites as controlled release vehicle for antibiotics, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 49 (2019) 243–253.
- Sarmah, J. Saikia, A. Phukan and R. L Goswamee, Adsorption of As (V) from water over a hydroxyl–alumina modified Paddy Husk Ash surface and its sludge immobilization, Water Air Soil Pollut, 230 (2019) 32.
- J. Kalita, J. Saikia, S. Sarmah & R. L. Goswamee, Enhanced adsorption of fluoride by common potters’clay surface modified by zirconium oxide particles, Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, 28, 23-35, 0975-0991, 2021
- Gogoi, P. C. Bhomick, J. Saikia, D. Sinha, R. L. Goswamee, Functionalised carbon from Musa Balbisiana stems – a suitable adsorbent for arsenic from contaminated water, Journal of Indian water works Association 45-53, 2022
List of book chapters
- Saikia, S. Sarmah and R. L. Goswamee, Development of Ceramic Barriers from Local raw Materials for Water Treatment, Chapter No 4, Page No: 34-43, published in Trends in Environment Responsive Chemical Processes, Edited by Dr Suvangshu Dutta and Dr Bedanta Kr Borah, EBH Publishers (India), Guwahati (ISBN No 978-93-88510-97-4) 2019.
- Saikia, S. Sarmah and R. L. Goswamee, Use of pernicious weed Ipomoea carnea for removal of congo red from water, Book of proceedings on National seminar on Conservation and Preservtion of bioresources of North East India (ISBN no. 978-8-941547-0-3) 2020.
- Sarmah, J. Saikia and R. L. Goswamee, Removal of Fluoride from Water by Various Techniques, Chapter No 9, Page No: 93-103, published in Trends in Environment Responsive Chemical Processes, Edited by Dr Suvangshu Dutta and Dr Bedanta Kr Borah, EBH Publishers (India), Guwahati (ISBN No 978-93-88510-97-4) 2019.
- Sarmah, J. Saikia, P. Saikia, C. Gogoiand R. L. Goswamee, Composites of some sustainable siliceous materials for the removal of fluoride from ground water and immobilization of the sludge generated, Edited by Herbert Pöllmann, Industrial Waste: Characterization, Modification and Applications of Residues, De Gruyter, 433-455, 2021
List Of Presented Papers In Conferences/ Proceedings/ Symposium/ Seminar
- Chemical Activation and Characterization of carbon particles from carbonized Ipomoea carnea, Jitu Saikia, Susmita Sarmah, Tobiul Hussain Ahmed and Rajib Lochan Goswamee, 27th Annual General Meeting of Materials Research Society of India, CSIR–NEIST, Jorhat, February 18–20, 2016 (Poster presentation).
- Preparation of nano–Al(OH)3/AlOOH coated low temperature carbonized Ipomoea carnea carbon and its potential application for water defluoridation, Jitu Saikia, Susmita Sarmah, Jayanta Jyoti Bora, Champa Gogoi and Rajib Lochan Goswamee, International Conference on Advances in Nanotechnology (iCAN), 2017 in Guwahati Assam, organized jointly by Assam Don Bosco University, Guwahati and Sustainable Nanotechnology Organization, USA, January 9–11, 2017 (Oral presentation).
- Coating of nano–AlOOH particles over microwave assisted surface functionalized carbon prepared from Mimosa pudica stems and its prospective application towards water defluoridation, Jitu Saikia, N’guadi Blaise Allou, Susmita Sarmah, Palakshi Bordoloi, and Rajib Lochan Goswamee, National Seminar on Recent Developments in Synthesis and Catalysis, Department of Chemistry Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, March10–11, 2017 (Poster presentation).
- Carbonized Ipomoea carnea as support for the synthesis of silver nano particle: A greener approach towards bacteria removal from water, Jitu Saikia, Palakshi Bordoloi, Susmita Sarmah, Champa Gogoi and Rajib Lochan Goswamee,National Seminar on “Chemistry in Interdisciplinary Research” (NSCIR–2017), Department of Chemistry Nagaland University Lumami, March 16–17, 2017.
- Simultaneous removal of Arsenic (V) and Fluoride using AlOOH nanoparticles loaded carbon derived from Ipomoea carnea, Jitu Saikia, Susmita Sarmah and Rajib Lochan Goswamee,Recent Trends in Environment Responsive Chemical Processes (RTERCP–2017), Chemistry department, D R College, Golaghat, Assam, September 22–23, 2017 (Oral presentation).
- Local potters’ clay based low cost flat ceramic barrier for dye separation, Jitu Saikia, Biswajit Saha and Rajib Lochan Goswamee, The Frontiers in Chemical Biology, CSIR–NEIST, Jorhat, June 26–28, 2018 (Poster presentation).
- Use of pernicious weed Ipomoea carnea for removal of congo red from water, Jitu Saikia, Susmita Sarmah and Rajib Lochan Goswamee, National seminar on Conservation and Preservtion ofbioresources of North East India, CNB College, Bokakhat, June 28-29, 2019 (Poster presentation).
Title: Nano alumina coated bio-graphite for the adsorption of toxic fluoride ion from water and its preparation thereof.
Inventors: Jitu Saikia, Susmita Sarmah, Palakshi Bordoloi, Tobiul Ahmed Hussain, Jayanta Jyoti Bora, Aradhana Goswami, Rajib Lochan Goswamee,
Patent No. : 367615
Date of Grant: 25/05/2021